[gdal-dev] OGR-OCI (Oracle) Interface

Peter J Halls P.Halls at york.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:19:40 EDT 2010

Dear All,

     I have an application that has need of the use of an Oracle 'collection'
(aka array) as a column type.  The OGR OCI driver does not currently support
this.  Would I be better pre-defining the table and then using SQL_Execute to
manipulate the array column or to consider extending the OGR OCI driver to
support this as an additional data type?  Is this data type likely to be of any
interest to others, or am I a minority of one?

Thanks and best wishes,

Peter