[gdal-dev] I am trying to run gdal_polygonize.py and I get the following error: gdal.Polygonize() not available.

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:10:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to run gdal_polygonize.py and I get the following error:
gdal.Polygonize() not available.  You are likely using "old gen"
bindings or an older version of the next gen bindings.

Anyone have any idea how I can get gdal_polygonize to run within FWTools 2.4.7?

Below is the command and error from the command line.

Thanks,

John

C:\Program Files\FWTools2.4.7>python
"%FWTOOLS_DIR%\bin\gdal_polygonize.py"
E:\Jacksonville-StJohns_output\all_tiles\converted1\64_w3.tif
c:\jacksonville-stjohns_gdal_polygonize.shp