[gdal-dev] Re: Handling nodata values

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 16:41:05 EDT 2010

Thank you for your reply. I played around a little bit but without success.

When I apply val_repl.py to the data, it appears to cut off all the higher
elevations while the lower areas remain untouched. So the resulting TIF is
unusable. What could cause this problem?

gdal_contour seems to recognize the nodata values in the cgiar files, it
produces a nice shapefile from the unprocessed data.

But when I run hillshade.exe from the perrygeo demtools on it, it draws a
huge chasm along the coastline. I have tried to use gdalwarp with -srcnodata
-32768 -dstnodata 0 but this does not have any visible effect.

What am I doing wrong?

             Nop