[gdal-dev] How to retrieve map data from Envi file?

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 23:57:50 EDT 2010

Lionel,

Most the data you asked for can be obtained with various methods from the
GDALDataSet and GDALRasterBand objects. I'm not sure what you mean by units
type , but I'm sure it can be derived from them.

FYI, reference pixels are called GCPs (Ground Control Points) in GDAL. Datum
can be obtained from the projection definition. GetGeoTransform can be used
to get resolutions.

Refer to http://www.gdal.org/classGDALDataset.html and
http://gdal.org/classGDALRasterBand.html for detailed documentation.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 5:05 AM, LKeene <lkeene at caltech.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks, I'm a new GDAL developer with what I believe is a simple
> question:
>
> We're trying to use GDAL in our app to access Envi files. I'm able to get
> access to the file bands as well as some other information by using the
> GDALDataset and GDALRasterBand objects, but how can I access other
> properties of the data file such as the datum type, the XY resolutions and
> reference pixel coordinates, the units type, etc...i.e. the other
> information contained in the Envi header? Is there an object that
> encapsulates this information? Thanks in advance.
>
> -L
> --

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/