AW: [gdal-dev] gdalwarp and GTiff creation option NBITS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 28 18:07:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Fischer, Andreas
<Andreas.Fischer at kreis-unna.de> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> I'm sorry for my missing response yet. Nevertheless thank you for your helpful explanation!
>
> But since it seems that there is no way getting gdal converted tif-files with creation option NBITS=1 properly displayed in MapInfo Professional, it might make sense looking for another shell program. This could work "in-a-pipe" and should convert a paletted gdal output file into a 1bit file without color table just IrfanView does.
>
> Do you know a free software tool that will fit my needs? Or is there another way to think about? If the behavior of MapInfo Professional isn't default I could contact Pitney Bowes for sure as well. But I wouldn't rather wait for a solution from there ...

Andreas,

I do not know of a commandline tool for doing this that isn't going
to lose the georeferencing.  It would however be fairly easy to
write a small Python script using GDAL to strip the color table.
Let me know if you need me to prepare an example.