[gdal-dev] Geotiff AREA_OR_POINT

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Jun 28 19:03:36 EDT 2010

On 28-06-2010 23:47, Michael Sumner wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up, I've not used GMT versions of NetCDF much, or
> recently. The vast majority of NetCDF I've had to work with do not
> make this explicit, and this is about the most detailed discussion
> I've seen:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cf-metadata@cgd.ucar.edu/msg00566.html
>
> Cheers, Mike.

Mike,

Meanwhile I found (should know it by hart, though) how GMT does it. The
info is stored on a global attribute
"node_offset".
0 for grid registration (pixel-is-point) and 1 for pixel registration
(pixel-is-area)
Furthermore, when reading grids created by other programs that do not
store that info GMT guesses the grid type based on the array size and
the coordinates limits.

Joaquim