[gdal-dev] OpenDWG, Open Design Alliance

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 29 06:23:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

>From time to time it would be nice if I could read DWG files from OS-GIS.

OGR has the option to read DWG through the Open Design Alliance DWGdirect
library - which is only available for registered users.

For inhouse use it would be affordable for me to become a ODA member.

Before I would try to do so - can I ask if someone on this list has
experiences with the library? Does it still work with the current gdal
trunk? Is it worth the efforts?

I also see that DWGdirect is now Teigha? Is this just the new version of
DWGdirect? Would Teigha also work or would I need an older version of the
DWGdirect library?

Thanks if anyone has something to share in this respect.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/