[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr problem converting UK Ordnance Survey MasterMap

Jez Walters jez.walters at ipl.com
Wed Jun 30 10:31:16 EDT 2010

Not quite sure if I've got the right forum, but I'm having trouble using the
'ogr2ogr' utility (part of GDAL 1.7.2) to convert Ordnance Survey GML into
ESRI shapefiles.

The 'orientation' field is being ignored when I convert the CartographicText
layer, although this field gets successfully translated for the
CartographicSymbol layer.  All the other CartographicText layer fields
appear just fine in the generated '.dbf' file.

Is there a way of forcing ogr2ogr to recognise the orientation field?  Can
anyone suggest an alternative Open Source conversion utility?  I'm fairly
new to GIS systems, so I might be making an obvious mistake, but any advice
is very gratefully received!  :-)