[gdal-dev] GCP/Chip Projection

Francois Maass fieliesm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:27:37 EDT 2010

Good Day List!

We are working on a project that involves cross-referencing gcp chips
between two satalite images.  The chip is a small image extracted in such a
way that the GCP is located at the center, usually a few pixels in size.  We
have two images as input, a raw (unprocessed) image, and an orthorectified
image of the same area.

What I need to do now, is to project the chip found on the orthorectified
image, so that it resembles the area on the raw image in order to do cross
referencing. Originally, I considered using the Ossim library for this
purpose, but recently had to change to using GDAL for the projections.  I am
not familiar with the GDAL library at all, and I'm finding it difficult to
identify exactly what classes I need to be looking at.

It is important to note that we do not have the projection information when
running the program, we need to determine the required information from the
metadata of the image.

Could someone please guide me in the right direction, or perhaps explain to
me how I would go about this process?

I am fairly new with this line of work, so I apologize for any inconvenience
caused.

Thank you for your time and efforts!

Francois

Francois Maass