[gdal-dev] Python Buffer Features

Spencer Gardner sjgardner at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 1 10:20:58 EST 2010

I'm writing some code that involves buffering a feature in a point layer and then doing a spatial filter with another set of layers.  I've got everything working just fine but I'm having a hard time determining how the spatial filter works.  Based on the documentation, it looks like all features that intersect the buffer will be included.  Is this true?  Is there any way to include only those features which are completely within the buffer?

On a related note, how do I know what the units of the spatial filter are?  Does it simply use the units of the original shapefile?  Is there any way to use different units?

Thanks,
Spencer Gardner
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Department of Urban and Regional Planning