[gdal-dev] Minor changes to RFC3

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Mar 2 15:01:22 EST 2010

Folks,

With the agreement of FrankW and based on feedback from new commiters, I've
made a few minor changes to RFC3 (GDAL Commiter Guildlines) to better reflect
our current practice on how to write commit messages and link them with Trac.

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc3_commiters?action=diff&version=5 for
the changes.

Inline version :

"""
 * Add a bug reference like "(#1232)" at the end of SVN commit log entries
when committing changes related to a ticket in Trac. The '#' character
enables Trac to create a hyperlink from the changeset to the mentionned
ticket.
* After commiting changes related to a ticket in Trac, write the tree and
revision in which it was fixed in the ticket description. Such as "Fixed in
trunk (r12345) and in branches/1.7 (r12346)". The 'r' character enables Trac
to create a hyperlink from the ticket to the changeset.
"""

Best regards,

Even