[gdal-dev] gdal_merge.py doesn't find input files.

Luca Fasano lucafasano at interfree.it
Fri Mar 5 12:32:06 EST 2010

Hi list,
I'm trying to use gdal_merge.py of GDAL 1.6.3 version.
I encountered some problem merging datasets represented in GDAL
subdataset format (i.e. DRIVERNAME:FILENAME://SUBDATASETS). In
particular I'm trying to merge two HDF5 subdatasets.
In this case the script crashes returning strange message:

File not found: <dataset1>
File not found: <dataset2>
No input files selected.

I searching for something useful in code and I found, starting from row
336:

            # Expand any possible wildcards from command line arguments
            f = glob.glob( arg )
            if len(f) == 0:
                print 'File not found: "%s"' % (str( arg ))
            names += f # append 1 or more files

that seems to check if inputs are present in file system.
But of course something like HDF5:filename://S01/SBI is never a valid
path.

Did you know this behaviour?