[gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp with JPEG not working?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Mar 16 18:23:39 EDT 2010

Ian Dees <ian.dees <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am attempting to warp a JPG/JPW file pair to a TIFF using the following
> command:
>
> $ gdalwarp -t_srs EPSG:4326
> EUSC_20100222_Portugal_Madeira_flood_Funchal01_high.jpg
> EUSC_20100222_Portugal_Madeira_flood_Funchal01_high.jpg_warped.tif

Hi,

Not directly related to your question, but I believe your command needs some
tuning.  You are giving -t_srs but you should give also -s_srs because jpg/jgw
pair does not tell the original projection. I guess also that your aim is to use
the warped image with Mapserver WMS. If that is the case I would recommend to
create a tiled tiff with -co TILED=YES option.

-Jukka Rahkonen-