[gdal-dev] gdalinfo error 4

Chris Haste CHaste at airdata.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 10:31:39 EDT 2010

Hi Frank and list,

I am very new to gdal and seem to have a problem that I wasn't expecting.

I have a GRIB1 file that represents wind and temperature data. It was issued by the UK Met Office and contains GRIB bulletins wrapped in the WMO bulletin distribution envelope.

When I run gdalinfo (1.7.1) against this file I get the following error:
ERROR:  Couldn't find 'GRIB' or 'TDLP'
There were 4 trailing bytes in the file.
ERROR 4: SADISGrib1-0000-T+6.grb is a grib file, but no raster dataset was successfully identified.
Gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'SADISGrib1-0000-T+6.grb'.

Can anyone throw some light on this please?

I can attach the file if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

*** This communication has been sent from World Fuel Services
Corporation or its subsidiaries or its affiliates for the intended recipient
only and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
use, or distribution of the information included in this communication
and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication and delete the communication, including any
attachments, from your computer. Electronic communications sent to or
from World Fuel Services Corporation or its subsidiaries or its affiliates
may be monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.***