[gdal-dev] How can I display the extent of a shapefile when using ogrinfo or from another command line tool?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:54:03 EDT 2010

When I trying to use ogrinfo against a shape file it does not show the extent:

like ogrinfo -so shapefile.shp

The documentation shows ogrinfo returning an extent but my example
listed below does not show the extent.

How can I display the extent of a shapefile when using ogrinfo or from
another command line tool?

Thanks,

John

C:\Documents and Settings\jmitchell.INSEQUENCE2>ogrinfo -so K:\GlobalView\NGA\Ba
ltimore_MD_02_2008\128Resolution.shp
INFO: Open of `K:\GlobalView\NGA\Baltimore_MD_02_2008\128Resolution.shp'
      using driver `ESRI Shapefile' successful.
1: 128Resolution (Polygon)

--
John J. Mitchell