[gdal-dev] how: dealing with osm data and creating custom shape files

Christoph Dohmen ChDohmen at gmx.de
Tue Mar 23 10:04:49 EDT 2010

Hi all,

thanks to the hints from last week I was able to successfully create a
postgresql database with osm data and from there I am able to create
shape files containing all the attributes from osm.

Thanks to Ralf and Frederik!

But now I want to group those data together.
Well, I want to create a shapefile containing all road-objects.
This is quite easy using ogr2ogr select everything with a value
for highway-attribute. Doing the same for rivers is also done
in no time. BUT, I want to create an attribute containing the
attribute value like 'object_id'. This should be set to the value
of highway-atrtibute in case of generating the road-file and it
should be set to the value of the waterway-attribute in case of
generating the river-file.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Christoph
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser