[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles.py "direct warping" issue?

Nathan Vander Wilt nate-lists at calftrail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:00:08 EDT 2010

(Sorry about the double post, BTW; wasn't subscribed when I sent the first message but it got through anyway.)
On Mar 23, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:
> I'm looking through gdal2tiles.py to get a feel for how it works and any potential issues I might encounter. Around line 801 of the script in GDAL 1.7.1 (right after the call to gdal.AutoCreateWarpedVRT) there is a comment that says:
>
> TODO: HIGH PRIORITY: Correction of AutoCreateWarpedVRT according to the max zoomlevel for correct direct warping!!!
>
> What is this about? Is there a problem with the warping done by gdal2tiles.py in some cases?

I wonder if this is related to the "oversized" pixel issues detailed in this bug?
http://code.google.com/p/maptiler/issues/detail?id=13

(And perhaps gdal2tiles development is still happening on another list despite being part of GDAL now?)

thanks,
-natevw
http://calftrail.com