Re: [gdal-dev] Re: rgdal source code

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Fri Mar 26 10:56:25 EDT 2010

Roger,

Yes, you are right. The source code is on  rgdal_0.6-25.tar.gz, I know, but the instructions to build on Windows are on the rgdal_0.6-25.zip package on README.windows, where it says:

---
The R Windows binary rgdal package is built against an FWTools Windows binary, using VC++.

Notes:

Building rgdal.dll in rgdal/src:

cl /MT /Ox /EHsc /D "WIN32" /c /I E:\rsb\R\R-2.2.1pat\include /I C:\Programfiler\FWTools1.0.0a7\incl
ude *.cpp

link /dll /out:rgdal.dll /def:RGDAL.def gdal-bindings.obj ogr_geom.obj ogr_proj.obj ogrsource.obj E:
\rsb\R\R-2.2.1pat\lib\Rdll.lib /libpath:"C:\Programfiler\FWTools1.0.0a7\lib" gdal_i.lib
---

So I am trying to change it a little bit in order to build against GDAL 1.7.1 (or trunk).

How does that sounds to you? Good idea?

Regards,

Ivan