[gdal-dev] Converting contour lines (Shape files) into DEM

Kishore Reddy enigma2006.kishore at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 12:41:15 EDT 2010

Yeah, GRASS got methods to convert contour lines to DEM formats but I
am not that much literate to compare.

It got some commands like
r.surf.idw = Inverse distance weighted method using the n-closest data points
r.surf.nnbathy = Natural-Neighbor interpolation
r.surf.contour

and some more...

Source: http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Contour_lines_to_DEM

--