[gdal-dev] Re: gdal_retile and nodata

acangi aca at ngi.be
Fri May 21 10:18:33 EDT 2010

I ran gdal_retile on a smaller set of data (same data with nodata values) so
I already have a result. You can see the border on the picture. In GeoServer
I set the outputTransparentColor to #000000.

I don't think my problem comes from the existing nodata values in the source
files, but rather from non-existing tiles at level x-1, when generating
level x. There is a gap at level x-1 and gdal_retile has to write data at
level x. What data is it supposed to write when there is no tile covering
this location at level x-1 ?

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5084464/nearblack_border.png