[gdal-dev] ESRI text format?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri May 28 13:44:53 EDT 2010

Ralf Suhr wrote:
> the text is a edit-session from ArcGIS. ogr2ogr can't read this.

In this case, I need to write it, but thanks -- I'm sure the same applies.

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Surely it can...with help of simple script in Perl or Python it
> could be a few minutes of work.

Sure, and that's what I've done, but then OGR is not writing it, I am
writing it with Python -- which I agree is not that big a deal but still
harder than one command line with ogr2ogr.

It doesn't really sound like this is a "format" that it would make sense
to support -- which is probably why OGR doesn't support it.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov