[gdal-dev] Compiling PostGIS + GDAL + WKT Raster in Windows with MinGW

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Mon May 31 09:28:38 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to compile WKT Raster [1] in Windows using MinGW 5.1.6. I
compiled PostgreSQL 8.4.3, PostGIS 1.4.2 and GDAL 1.7.2 properly
following these instructions:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingWithMinGW (for GDAL)
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiWinCompile (for PostgreSQL
+ PostGIS)

Now I'm trying to compile WKT Raster, but I get thousands of messages
"undefined reference to..." in libgdal.a (one of the files WKT Raster
is trying to link to). Seems to be a problem of "naming convention",
or similar. For example, one of the error messages is:

undefined reference to `GEOSOverlaps'

If I execute nm libgdal.a | grep "GEOSOverlaps", I get this:

U _GEOSOverlaps

With an underscore before function's name. I think that's the problem,
because if I execute the same command in a Linux machine, where I
succeeded to compile WKT Raster, I get:

U GEOSOverlaps

Without underscore. The name expected.

Am I right? Any clues on how to solve this problem with MinGW? I
attach a build log file [2]

Many thanks in advance.

Jorge Arévalo
DEIMOS Space
Internet & Mobilty Division
Ronda de Poniente 19. Edificio Fiteni VI, portal 2, 2º
28760 Tres Cantos (Madrid)
Tel: +34 91 806 34 50 - ext: 155
jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster