[gdal-dev] NITF masks

Smart, Gary Gary.Smart at goodrich.com
Tue Nov 2 12:20:23 EDT 2010

Does anyone have an example of adding a mask while creating a NITF file?
I can create NITF files OK but can't figure out from the "RFC 15: Band
Masks" documentation how to include a rectangular mask area.  When I
call CreateMaskBand on the dataset, where does it go?  Calling
GetMaskBand from any of the existing bands, after CreateMaskBand, always
returns an error.  I was intending to use RasterIO to write a black
rectangle into the middle of the mask band (assuming I can find it) in
order to hide the centre of the NITF output image.

I don't even seem to be able to find an example NITF file with a mask in
it - can anyone point me to a good example?

Thanks in advance

Gary