[gdal-dev] help with gdal _csharp

Amini, Manouchehr Manouchehr.Amini at eawag.ch
Tue Nov 2 13:44:09 EDT 2010

Dear Gdal users

I am quite new to gdal and may be my question is trivial for many of you. I am trying to use gdal_csharp to read a ascii raster file and create a super overlay on google earth. So far I am able to read the raster and change it to a picture and define a color table for it. I was wondering if there is any possibility to create a kml file using the gdal-csharp to send the picture to the google. I would like also to define transparent backgound color for the NoData regions. I used ColorEntry and defind a color (255,255,255,255). It works fine if i use ArcGis, but when I overlay the picture on google the bacground appears as white not transparent.

Thank you in advance for your help
Manouchehr

Dr. Manouchehr Amini<http://www.eawag.ch/about/personen/homepages/aminiman/index_EN>
System Analysis, Integrated Assessment and Modelling
Eawag
Überlandstrasse 133
8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland