[gdal-dev] status of the OGR Norwegian SOSI support

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:49:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I need to clarify the things a little bit. Actually the compiled binaries
for the FYBA library are downloadable from here:
http://www.statkart.no/nor/SOSI/Program/
However this version depends on the Visual Studio 2005 Win32 CRT libraries
(msvcr80.dll) which would provide at the most to include this in
release-1400-gdal-mapserver.zip<http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/release-1400-gdal-mapserver.zip>
but in my preference all of the packages should support each drivers for
gdal equally well. I would also continue to avoid mixed CRT dependencies in
the packages which is unsupported by Microsoft, and therefore I would
require either of the following options to be provided by the author of the
library:

1. Compiled binaries for all platforms x32/x64 from MSVC2003 up to MSVC2010
2. The source files which can be compiled by myself with these compilers

Currently none of the options above are available as far as I know.

Further issue may be due to my limited knowledge about the licensing terms
of this library, I can see a .txt file in the package but it's not in that
language which I can easily understand.

Best regards,

Tamas