[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.7.3 Release Candidate

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Nov 7 13:31:32 EST 2010

Even Rouault wrote:
> Frank,
>
> swig/include/perl/gdal_perl.i and swig/python/setup.py still contains
> reference to 1.7.2 version. The former preventing the Perl bindings from
> building due to the mismatch (and in gdal-1.7.2.tar.gz, the perl bindings were
> regenerated)

Even,

I have produced an RC2 with this corrected, as well as two more
bug fixes (GMT, and GXF).

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.7.3RC2.tar.gz
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal173RC2.zip

> About r21079, I'm curious of the circumstances that made it necessary ? I have
> had no problem when building and running against internal libtiff and external
> 3.9.2 or 3.9.4 without that change.

I'm building against libtiff from CVS head (libtiff4) and ran into problems on
64bit linux.   I get stuff like:

ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 0
ERROR 3: Checksum value couldn't be computed due to I/O read error.

ERROR 1: TIFFFillStrip:Invalid strip byte count 0, strip 0
ERROR 1: TIFFReadScanline() failed.
ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 5
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 5
ERROR 3: Checksum value couldn't be computed due to I/O read error.

... lots more...

I had intended to look into it more deeply, but this already stalled me
a week, and since it does not occur with trunk, and only seems to affect
an esoteric case in 1.7.x I decided to sweep it under the carpet.