[gdal-dev] GDAL (via Java bindings) and ECW

Ronan Crowley ronan.crowley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 10:24:41 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'm using GDAL (via Java) to view an ECW file.

It generally works fine, however I'm having serious memory issues.

I have a 6MB ECW file, that when I try to view in its entirety I get
OutOfMemory errors.

The code I'm using to extract the image is pretty much the code from the
GDALtest.java file in the swig sub-project.

What I'm wodering, is if there is any way to get the number of pyramid
levels inside the image and grab the top-most pyramid level image ?

Thanks,
Ronan