[gdal-dev] OGR - GetLength in Python

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 01:22:33 EST 2010

On 11/18/2010 03:52 PM, Ludovic Granjon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I try to calculate the length of a linestring in python.
> But is there a way in python with ogr to calculate this. I see there's
> a GetLength()  in the OGRLineString Class Reference
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/classOGRLineString.html#7b3dc3abefd16aea17ac9fcc0ccd0010
> , but I don't see if there's the same thing in python ?

I forgot to mention that Length is the name of the method in the OGC
Simple Features specification. In a sprint in Barcelona I added that
method and others like Area. There was (non-standard) GetArea before but
no GetLength. GetArea still exists but is deprecated (although there is
no official deprecation procedure in GDAL).

Best regards,

Ari