[gdal-dev] Delete a sqlite database

Ludovic Granjon ludovic.granjon at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Nov 22 04:26:26 EST 2010

Hi all
I try in a python script to delete a sqlite database that I use in an
OGR ExecuteSQL.
Let me give you an example :
If I do :

 >>> from osgeo import *
 >>> import os
 >>> datasource = ogr.Open("decoupe.shp")
 >>> layer = datasource.GetLayer()
 >>> joinLayer=datasource.ExecuteSQL("SELECT decoupe.FID as ligne_id,
c.lFid as ligne_id2, c.count as count FROM decoupe LEFT JOIN
'project.sqlite'.comptage c ON decoupe.FID=c.lFid")
 >>> datasource.Destroy()

It seems that there still a connection to my sqlite database and I can't
delete it.

When I try on MS Windows (There's no error on linux) :
 >>> os.remove('project.sqlite')

I have :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<pyshell#5>", line 1, in <module>
os.remove('project.sqlite')
WindowsError: [Error 13] Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car
ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus: 'project.sqlite'

Do you know a way to do that ?

Thanks

Best regards

Ludovic