[gdal-dev] Re: how can I compile GDAL 1.7.3 with ecw 4.1 in Virsual Studio 2010

GeoJoda joseph4774 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 05:52:32 EST 2010

Hello again
I want to use ecw with MapServer perfectly straight as before. That is only
to read ECW files and display them as images.
My simple test mapFile syntax is:

MAP
  NAME "ORTOFOTO"
  STATUS on
  SIZE 512 512
  EXTENT 692845 6170118 693140 6170292
  UNITS meters
  SHAPEPATH "c:/proj/roskilde/orto"
  FONTSET "c:/proj/roskilde/div/font.txt"
  CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/proj/nad/"

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME jpeg
  DRIVER "GD/JPEG"
  MIMETYPE "image/jpeg"
  IMAGEMODE RGB
  EXTENSION "jpg"
END
OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME ECW
  DRIVER "GDAL/ECW"
  MIMETYPE "image/ecw"
  IMAGEMODE "BYTE"
  EXTENSION "ecw"
END

PROJECTION
  "init=epsg:25832"
END

LAYER
  GROUP ORTOPHOTO
  NAME Ortofoto
  STATUS ON
  TYPE RASTER
  UNITS Meters
  DUMP TRUE
  DATA "c:/proj/roskilde/orto/Roskilde_2007_2.ecw"
  METADATA
    "themename" "Ortofoto"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:25832"
  END
END
END #END map

This mapfile worked fine with gdal16 and MapServer 5.2
I have downloaded the release-1500-gdal-1-7-5-MapServer 6.zip povided at:
http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/  which you have recommended and have ecw as
plugins. But it works is still lacking.
My suspect is now directed against MapServer 5.6.5 because I can see that
ecw format is supported in gdal17 but I get the same error again and again.
My next question would be: how can I test gdal17 alone. This means that I
will put mapFile as input to gdal and as output I get an image. Is it
possible?
If gdal can generate an image so I know the issue is with MapServer 5.6.5
and not gdal.