Re: [gdal-dev] RFC 31 - OGR 64bit Support

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Sat Nov 27 08:25:50 EST 2010

Not a very long time ago some people thought that two numbers was enough to store dates and we got in trouble for that. For example, automatic sensors capture much more data then we need before we can filter it. Another point is that users could very well decide to use codes on IDs rather than just sequential values. It is better be prepared than sorry. But I understand you point.

Best regards,