[gdal-dev] No Simplify function

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 30 09:15:09 EST 2010

Namrata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed GDAL 1.7.1 with GEOS 3.0.0 on my Solaris machine. But I
> cannot see any function as Simplify() as given in the tutorial:
>
>  virtual OGRGeometry *  Simplify (double dTolerance) const
>  -- Simplify the geometry.
>
> Please can you guide me if I am missing anything here or do I need latest
> GDAL (1.7.3) installed
>
> Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Namrata,

A brief review suggests to me that the Simplify method was added since
the 1.7 release, and that it has not been backported to the 1.7.x stable
release series.  The only way to get it is to download a development
snapshot and build from that.  Daily development snapshots are available
at:

   http://www.gdal.org/daily