[gdal-dev] Re: how can I compile GDAL 1.7.3 with ecw 4.1 in Virsual Studio 2010

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 30 22:38:59 EST 2010

GeoJoda wrote:
> is nobody who can answer this issues under, or maybe I have to move this
> issue to the MapServer user
>
> otherwise I thank all who participate in this forum.

GeoJoda,

I don't see any reason you are likely to have better luck on the
MapServer list.  Reviewing this thread I am left with the impression
you have received lots of assistance, but you are just annoyed that no
one has a step by step process for you to do it with the particular
version of the SDK, and compiler you choose.  If you want something
very particular, you might consider paying someone for support.

I've managed to build the ECW 4.1 SDK against GDAL with VS2008 without
any unusual problems, but it is isn't something I'd wish on someone
not experienced in development on windows - in particular building a
mix of stuff.  And frankly, holding the hand of someone who doesn't
really know what they are doing isn't much fun.