[gdal-dev] OGR SQL for insert/update/delete operations

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 10:23:22 EDT 2010

2010/10/1 Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>

> I have no plans to do so.  I'm not sure how valuable such operations
> would be though I suppose it would be nice to easily express update or
> delete operations that apply according to some WHERE clause.

Frank,

Do we have an alternative way to modify the attributes for a subset of the
features (ie in a shapefile) by using an OGR commandline tool?

I guess we only expect CreateFeature to be implemented by a driver which is
advertised to support reading and writing. Having no valuable
SetFeature/DeleteFeature implementations out there will make this
requirement difficult to realize at all.

Best regards,

Tamas