[gdal-dev] Re: Reading Geometry from text file

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 09:31:42 EDT 2010

Moritz,

Then we can probably rule out the geos library. Just make sure it was
recognized by the configure script by looking at its output or in the
config.log file.

We need to have some info on the get_Area() error.
Build gdal after configuring with the --enable-debug switch and run the
application with the environment variable CPL_DEBUG set to 'ON'.
For deeper analysis run it with ddd or some other debugger.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM, moritzzz <spam at kolix.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I checked gdal out from the svn repos and build it with:
> ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib --with-geos=yes
> make -j3
> make install
>
> Installed geos stuff:
> dpkg -l | grep geos
> ii  libgeos-3.2.0                          3.2.0-1
> Geometry engine for Geographic Information Systems - C++ Library
> ii  libgeos-c1                             3.2.0-1
> Geometry engine for Geographic Information Systems - C Library
> ii  libgeos-dev                            3.2.0-1
> Geometry engine for GIS - Development files
>
> So from my pov it should be installed with geos support and IsValid()
> should
> not fail if the geometry is valid.
>
> For the crash of get_Area(), there is no error message or something like
> that. The program just shutsdown.
> --

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/