[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL easy_install problem

gregcorradini gregcorradini at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:40:07 EDT 2010

Thanks for the help Chaitanya,

Sorry about the late response. I saw the temporary fix with swq.h. I'm
confused about one aspect of this workaround though. It says that I should
copy the swq.h file into the gdal installed tree. So this is the step after
compiling gdal-1.7.2 ? For some reason it seems to me that I'd want to
replace/overwrite the swq.h file with the download BEFORE I build. I tried
both, but with no luck. So I'm missing something obvious. Anyway, if I'm
replacing the swq.h file after install then I'm having trouble finding the
correct installed tree. Is it somewhere in /usr/local/lib?

Thanks again