[gdal-dev] Re: gdal_rasterize -tr and -te

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Thu Oct 7 02:38:00 EDT 2010

  On 06/10/2010 19:35, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le mercredi 06 octobre 2010 18:42:14, Eli Adam a écrit :
>> The results of -tap are what I expect, pixels aligned with 0,0.  Although I
>> have a separate question at the end.
> ok, I've applied the patch in trunk in r20778

Thanks.

Yesterday evening, I was thinking if there could be some use cases where
an optional argument to the -tap switch would make sense. This argument
would be a numerical value, typically integral multiples of the -tr
value. Example: I gdal_rasterize with 100m resolution, but I want my
target extent to be aligned to 1000m. I do admit that this could indeed
be: "a bit too specialized requirement... "

Hermann