[gdal-dev] ArcGIS Stretch type Standard deviations in GDAL?

Joe Franklin traderboy at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 08:36:21 EDT 2010

How can I use GDAL to convert a TIFF displayed in ArcMap using a standard deviation stretch of 2 to a TIFF (or other format) I can display using Mapserver/OpenLayers?  I can use the raster Export function in ArcMap, but I have about 100 TIFFs in 50 .mxds so I'd like to process all the TIFFs using a batch file.  I did find a -stddev option in the gdalenhance utility, but it gives an error that it's not recognized (using version 1.7.2)

I also looked for an option in Mapserver to pass the std dev value to the GDAL driver before rendering, but I haven't found one.

I'm new working with rasters, so hopefully this makes sense.