[gdal-dev] gdal python bindings for 1.7 - where to find

Hannes Reuter GISxperts at web.de
Fri Oct 8 11:32:50 EDT 2010

Dear GDALer (probably mostly Howard)

I saw that the old python bindings are gone(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3286),
however I'm wondering if there are still python bindings for 1.7. in egg or msi installer format prepared?

At http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GDAL/ only source is provided,
while http://pypi.python.org/pypi/GDAL/1.6.1 contains bindings for different python versions etc.
Are you planning to create new bindings and where do I find them for 2.x ?
Or do we need to compile them individually ? Is there a manual how to do that.. looked rather difficult for me on a first look.

Hannes

PS: I would like to try the 1.7 bindings due to the fact that I python script linked against 1.6 seems to crash by using readasarray on a windows7/vista maschine with the latest stable numpy and scipy at least for me. I would like to see if 1.7 is better in that sense before filling an error to the trac system.

--
Dr. Hannes Isaak Reuter
gisxperts gbr