[gdal-dev] Re: ogr2ogr OCI: ORA-13349 and ORA-13356

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Oct 11 13:39:59 EDT 2010

Sebastian E. Ovide <sebastian.ovide <at> gmail.com> writes:

> yes, updating the metadata worked.
>
> Is there anyway to do it through ogr2ogr ?
>
> We are trying to replace shp2do with ogr2ogr as shp2do requires multiple steps
(create do, import it and then create the index by hand)... and for what I've
seen with PostGIS, ogr2ogr is a single line operation.... How can be done in
Oracle ?(single line without modifying shapes)

Hi,

If setting the Oracle tolerance value is enough, you can give it on the command
line with DIMINFO_X, _Y and _Z (see http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_oci.html).
However, the default is just two millimeters. If there are vertices at that
small distance then preprocessing the data before import might be still a good
idea.

-Jukka Rahkonen-