[gdal-dev] est failure on gdal 1.7 (layer.getExtent). Isolated in C and Python

Simon Thépot simon.thepot at makina-corpus.com
Wed Oct 13 15:35:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,
i'm experiencing a test failure on gdal1.7,postgis 1.4, Python2.6,
Django-1.2.3 that I
isolated in Python and C (so I think it might not be related to django).

Python : http://pastebin.com/Pz40E63R
C : http://pastebin.com/KXHENU90

The loaded files are at (pasted in the C source code as commentary) :
#
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/gis/tests/data/test_vrt/test_vrt.vrt
#
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/gis/tests/data/test_vrt/test_vrt.csv

Those are correct as ogrinfo seems to indicate.

getExtent won't work and result in a (GRException: OGR failure).

The C version seems pretty straight forward and I hope someone may give me
a hand on this.

Synthesis of the below part: only one test out of 61 failed, for this one,
only one fixture out of three failed (thus, 2 calls out of three to
layer.extent succeeded...), the one using the vrt file.
=======
Here come some details on the python/django part where the test failure
first appeared :

The file :
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/tags/releases/1.2.3/django/contrib/gis/gdal/tests/test_ds.py

Only one fail :
test
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/tags/releases/1.2.3/django/contrib/gis/gdal/tests/test_ds.py#L72
at line
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/tags/releases/1.2.3/django/contrib/gis/gdal/tests/test_ds.py#L88

And this only for one fixture out of three (the middle one) :
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/tags/releases/1.2.3/django/contrib/gis/gdal/tests/test_ds.py#L26

All of this as been isolated in the simplest python file
(http://pastebin.com/Pz40E63R <= same link as above).
=======

Thanks a lot for any insight,
Cheers,
Simon Thepot

ps : As i investigated, I think it is due to a GeomType that is not set
for its
OGRFeatureDefn (GetLayerDef). But... it seems the GeomType is set in
Python (and C I think), as it
ansers me Point25D.