[gdal-dev] tileindex performance

Elijah Robison elijah at villagis.com
Thu Oct 14 13:02:14 EDT 2010

Hi Nikos,

I also have difficulty tiling large, high res images with gdal_retile.
I would say our average process--a county-wide, 1-foot resolution
ECW--takes about a month to run to completion.

At first, tiles are generated with blazing speed.  But by the time the
routine has been running for about 24-hours, it slows to a crawl.  Is
this the symptoms you are experiencing or are you running into something
else?

I would very much love to get to the bottom of this and find a way to
maintain the original performance throughout a tiling routine.

Best, Elijah Robison