[gdal-dev] gdal_merge: stacking and band statistics

Matt Hanneman matt at globalforestwatch.ca
Wed Oct 20 16:50:58 EDT 2010

  Hi,

Can anyone help a newbie? I have been trying to calculate statistics
with gdal_merge when merging/stacking several tiffs together into a HFA
format (see below for syntax). However, when loaded into ArcGIS it
reports that there are no statistics calculated for any of the bands.
Will the 'STATISTICS' option not work when stacking multiple bands? As
you can probably tell I am fairly new to this, so forgive my ignorance.

gdal_merge -co STATISTICS=YES -v -o "E:/Temp/A2E.img" -of HFA -separate
"A.TIF" "B.TIF" "C.TIF" "D.TIF" "E.TIF" "F.TIF"

Thanks,

Matt

--

*Matt Hanneman*