[gdal-dev] Re: How to generate tiles with multiple vrt's using GDAL

Vaish vaerabati at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:21:29 EDT 2010

 Hi,
   How can I generate tiles using multiple VRT'S without any tranparent gaps
 using gdal commands.

 1. When I run the gdal2tiles command on the first VRT , it works well but
when I run gdal2tiles command on the second VRT and point to the same outfput
 folder. The tiles are overwritten.

 I do not want to merge files because it takes time . Need to do this for an
 ongoing project. So everyday I can make VRT's , generate tiles and append to
 same output folder.

 Can anyone suggest a soloution to the above problem?

 Thanks,
 Vaish