[gdal-dev] Re: ogrinfo wildchar in the datasource?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Oct 26 14:00:13 EDT 2010

Sebastian E. Ovide <sebastian.ovide <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
> Is there anyway to make gdal read from multiple folders ? something like
ogrinfo mydata/* ? where mydata has a lot of subfolders and any of those
subfolders have shape files.
> (I have some folders with tens of folders with shape files that I need to
display with to MapServer. Just wondering if I need to create a script or if
there is a shortcut...)

I can't say about gdal but because you want it for Mapserver so just create an
ogrtileindex with write_absolute_paths options to index all your shapefiles from
their current directories. It may need a tiny little script or some manual work
to combine per directory tileindex shapefiles but it should not be very laborous.

-Jukka Rahkonen-