[gdal-dev] Coding for appending to a database in OGR

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Oct 28 06:09:46 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

Do you mean that just after issuing a CreateFeature(), the feature ID isn't set
to the correct value (the one that you'll find after dataset reopening) ?

You have to be more specific about which OGR driver you are talking about
because the mechanisms for setting/retrieving FID is driver specific.

Perhaps a small snippet of code would help to understand what you do / would
like to do.

If you're interested in the PG driver, here's a relevant ticket :
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3744

Best regards,

Even