[gdal-dev] Bug in coordinate system library? unknown elliptical parameter for BNG coordinate system

Alex Hagen-Zanker ahh34 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 10:07:50 EDT 2010

Jean-Claude was right. I had a problem with the installation. There were several versions of proj.dll on my computer.

One that I downloaded as a binary, one that I build myself, one in fw_tools and some that I created trying to solve this problem.

By deleting all the old ones except for the recent self-built the problem was solved.

This problem has been quite a nuisance, so maybe it is worth mentioning it somewhere (or maybe having it in the mailing archives like this is enough).

Alex