[gdal-dev] RFC 31 - OGR 64bit Fields and FID

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 10 05:23:23 EDT 2010

Folks,

Some one involved with OSM this week pointed out that
the lack of 64bit FIDs in OGR is likely to become a
problem in the not to distant future for them.  This made
me think that it is likely a good time to address the lack of
64bit integer handling for FIDs and fields in OGR.  To that
end I have prepared a preliminary RFC though it isn't complete
enough to vote on.  I would like to solicit feedback.

  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc31_ogr_64