[gdal-dev] NAD27 to NAD83

Donnet , Sebastien Sebastien.Donnet at amec.com
Tue Sep 14 10:56:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a bunch of data in NAD27 (lat, lon ascii files) that I would like to convert into NAD83.
How can I do that easily with gdal?

Up to now I've tried it like this:

gdaltransform -s_srs NAD27 -t_srs NAD83 < nad27.txt > nad83.txt

using a nad27.txt that looks like that (tab separated):

71.9881 -80.7771
71.9880 -80.7199
71.8889 -80.9131
71.8892 -80.9117
71.9041 -80.8410

but didn't go anywhere... a nad83.txt was created, but blank...
what input format am I supposed to provide?  (I tried comma separated among others...)

thanks in advance if you can help,

S/

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.