[gdal-dev] RE: gdal_rasterize utility

David Hildebrand David.Hildebrand at afsc.ca
Tue Sep 14 19:21:20 EDT 2010

I am trying to rasterize a set of points from a CSV file with
coordinates.  I have created a VRT file to define a virtual 2D layer.  I
am using version1.7 so I need to copy a template output image file to
rasterize (output.tif).  The field "abl_val" contains the data I want to
rasterize and "f_year" and "f_period" are filter attributes.  I use the
following syntax in my rasterize command.

gdal_rasterize

  -a abl_val -l alberta_out -where 'f_year = 2010 and f_period = 16 and
abl_val is not null' Alberta_Out.vrt output.tif

I simply get the standard usage message below indicating that my syntax
is wrong.  Yet, I cannot see it.

Usage: gdal_rasterize [-b band] [-i]

       [-burn value] | [-a attribute_name] | [-3d]

       [-l layername]* [-where expression] [-sql select_statement]

       <src_datasource> <dst_filename>

Any ideas?  If so, please respond to this email address.  Thanks.

===========================
David V. Hildebrand
Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
(403) 782-8239

www.afsc.ca <about:www.afsc.ca>  <http://www.afsc.ca
<http://www.afsc.ca/> >
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged
information. Please contact Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted
or destroyed. Please consider the environment before printing this
email.